The Strategic Council for Education sets the overall strategic framework for the continuous operation and development of the university’s degree programmes within the framework of the university’s strategy. The Strategic Council for Education refers to the Executive Management (through the Pro-rector for education) and proposes general university strategic initiatives and recommendations to the Executive Management.
The overall focus of the Strategic Council for Education is the field of education and includes:
- Taking a cross-organisational perspective and strategically contributing to ensuring that the university’s degree programmes undergo positive development (this includes identifying and prioritising initiatives within the field of education)
- Implementing and monitoring the university’s strategy within the field of education
- Monitoring and developing the education portfolio of Aalborg University
- Addressing and discussing the quality of Aalborg University’s degree programmes (this includes setting limit values for the key figures, applications for creating new degree programmes and merging existing degree programmes, education reports, etc.)
- Discussing and making recommendations on strategic initiatives, for instance regarding the organisation and management of the field of education, dimensioning, the Study Progress Reform, new types of admission, pedagogical competence development courses, the digitisation of degree programmes, internationalisation, etc.
- Discussing and developing the university’s collaboration with regional and national collaboration partners within the field of education (this includes bridge-building activities)
- Providing input to national political discussions
When required, the council may appoint project groups/task forces for solving specific cases, developing new strategic areas and for providing input to the discussions and decisions of the Strategic Council for Education.